Mr. Rick de Treville
Adjunct Professor - Security Issues in the Hospitality Industry
Retired Dec. 31, 2016 from Director of Security for Foundry Commercial (Real Estate) in Orlando, Florida (2007 to 2017). Responsibilities included administration and direct supervision of security operations on the CNL Center campus. Also coordinated security needs for an additional five Central Florida commercial properties that staffed contract security officers and assisted with security needs for the other ten Foundry Commercial offices nationwide as requested.
Supported property management needs for multiple Foundry Commercial clients. Also supported the security needs of CNL Financial Group when requested.
Joined Foundry Commercial in September of 2007 after serving as police training coordinator for the University of Central Florida Police Department.
___________________________________________________________________________________ CURRENT EMPLOYMENT
Adjunct Professor at Valencia College’s West and Osceola Campuses. Have taught “Security Issues in the Hospitality Industry” for Valencia College since 2002.
PUBLIC SAFETY & PRIVATE SECURITY CAREER
• Served as a full-time Florida law enforcement officer from 1972 to 1984. Assignments included 4 years as a patrol officer and the Orlando Police Department’s first full-time “Public Information Officer”, from 1980 to 1984. Resigned from OPD in 1984 to become a security director with a large AAA Five-Diamond resort. Became a reserve/part-time deputy with the Orange County Sheriff's Office for over 30 years, retiring in 2014 as a lieutenant.
• 32-year private security career included 6 years as security, safety, and park services director with SeaWorld Adventure Park-Orlando plus 10 years as security & safety, and training director at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort in Orlando - Hyatt Hotels’ regional headquarters.
• From January of 2004 to July of 2006, was Senior Manager of Security Operations for the Orange County (Florida) Public School District - their first certified law enforcement officer in security management.
• Adjunct instructor for Valencia College (Orlando FL) since 2002. Currently teach Security Issues in the Hospitality Industry for the college’s Tourism & Hospitality Institute on two campuses. Have taught “Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design” (CPTED) to police and school resource officers for the Florida Attorney General's “Florida Crime Prevention Institute” throughout the State of Florida since 1998. Provided hospitality security training in the Caribbean through a partnership with the Criminal Justice Department of the University of Central Florida and ASIS-International.
• Board-certified in security management by earning the “Certified Protection Professional” designation from ASIS International (the American Society for Industrial Security) in 1996. Former “Certified CPTED
Practitioner” by the Florida Attorney General’s Office and former certified instructor for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
• Served five terms as chairman of the Greater Orlando Chapter of ASIS International plus two additional years as assistant regional vice-president for ASIS Region XIII. A member of ASIS International’s Commercial Real Estate Council since 2012.
• Was elected treasurer of the board of directors of the Florida Design Out Crime Association (FLDOCA) in 2004 and was re-elected treasurer in 2006 and co-chairman in 2012.
• Former member of the Speakers’ Bureau of the American Hotel & Lodging Association. Presented to numerous lodging and security conferences around the country, to include Cendent, Choice Hotels, Wingate, Accor, and US F & G. Since 1985, have been retained as an expert witness in matters of premises liability and negligent security.
• President of “Security Matters Consulting Corporation”. Provide security assessments for commercial, school, and residential campuses and have extensive experience in Executive/VIP Protection. Past clients include Orange County Facilities Management, CF Lane Real Estate Management, Sonitrol Corporation, Winter Park Housing Authority, McLane Suneast Distribution Center, Crime-Prevention Institute of the Florida Attorney General’s Office, plus expert witness services for numerous civil attorneys.
________________________________________________________________________________ CURRENT ORGANIZATIONS
• BOMA (“Building Owners and Managers Association”). Member since 2014-2016. Past member of security & safety committee.
• “Orlando Concert Band” member since 2000, to include 10 years as a member of the board of directors. Positions held include band librarian, operations manager and four terms as president. Currently business manager and trumpet section coordinator.
• “Winchester Manor Condo Association”. Board of Directors. (Ormond Beach, FL) Member since 2010. Board President since 2013.
• “ASIS International”. (American Society for Industrial Security) Member since 1981, to exclude 7 years inactive. Served five terms as Greater Orlando Chapter Chairman. Currently chapter secretary.
• “Florida Design Out Crime Association”. Member since 2003. Past treasurer and vice-chairman.
• “Bugles Across America”. Play “Taps” at veterans’ funerals and patriotic events. BAA member since 2012.
• LaGrange College. LaGrange, (GA) BA in English, Minor in Speech & Drama
• Stetson University, Deland, FL. Graduate Study in Education
• JC Stone Memorial Police Academy (Orlando, FL) 280hr. Florida Police Standards Certification
___________________________________________________________________________________ OUTSIDE INTERESTS
• Teaching; State of Florida Attorney General’s “Crime-Prevention Institute” (since 1998) and Valencia
College (since 2002) Teach “Security Issues in the Hospitality Industry” on Valencia’s West and Osceola Campuses.
• Trumpet – band performances, ensemble performances, production of music events,
• Commercial photography, writing
• Running, cycling, kayaking
• Owner (with wife) of “SeaCasas”, a boutique gift shop and art gallery in Flagler Beach, Florida.
Phone: 407 467-4661