Dr. Lisa Macon
Dr. Macon holds a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Hofstra University (1991), a master's degree in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (1993), a masters degree in Mathematics from UCF (1999), and a Ph.D. in Mathematics from UCF (2009). Previously, she worked as a software developer for Exxon, Citibank, and Sony Corporation. She also worked as a quality assurance manager and project director for the Associated Press. Dr. Macon has taught Math and Computer Science courses at both UCF and Valencia since 1997.
Dr. Macon is originally from New York. She has 3 children and her husband Brian teaches math at Valencia. She loves the New York Mets. She plays guitar. She enjoys reading and playing video games.
Mondays 1pm - 3pm
Wednesdays 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am - 11am
Virtual (Email and Canvas):
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 9-10pm
Professional Mission Statement: As a faculty member at Valencia College, I will
- Be open and honest with my colleagues and students
- Be future-oriented with regards to curriculum development
- Be progressive in orchestrating policy review
- Emphasize active learning inside and outside the classroom
- Advance online teaching and learning
- Encourage high quality, low cost educational experiences for students
- Promote the use of the latest industry tools and technologies