I have taught mathematics at Valencia for the past 24 years. Prior to that, I was a professional tutor of math for over 5 years. I graduated from the United States Naval Academy, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics; also, I graduated from Troy State University, with a Master of Public Administration Degree.
My philosophy of teaching mathematics has changed over the years. I now believe that it is important that a math professor be able to:
1) explain simple things simply
2) turn students on to their own abilities
3) exercise patience and understanding
4) emphasize the importance of vocabulary, patterns, and practice
Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Zoom Capable*)
Tuesdays 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Virtual**)
Thursdays 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Virtual**)
Fridays 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM (Virtual**)
* Zoom capable: Call me @ (407) 405-1896 to set up
** Virtual: Telephone only @ (407) 405-1896
(There are no engagement hours after final exam availability begins.)
My Favorite Quotes: "Teach the students you have, not the ones you wish you had." "Familiarity is often mistaken for mastery, until tested."